The Ultimate Checklist For Staying Energized & Awake During The Day.
Jan 26, 2020
Over the years in working with many clients who battle fatigue (including myself), I have the ultimate checklist to battle this state. If you are struggling with this, incorporate these strategies that will help get your energy back.
1. Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night.
(Build your belief in this area. For many years I shortchanged myself on sleep and actually wore my sleep deprivation as a badge of honor as I built and grew my former gym ShockBody Fitness. It wasn't until I read the book "Why we sleep" that I made a real effort in this area. I highly recommend this book to those that have a similar mindset as I did as I worked hard in the wee hours of the night!)
2. Get on a consistent sleep schedule; Go to bed and get up at the same time. This will help establish a stronger circadian rhythm.
3. Invest in a pair of blue light blocker glasses (check amazon), limit phone/ computer usage in the hours leading up to bed. There is so much junk light that can affect your ability to fall asleep.
4. Get a good mattress and pillows. This makes a huge difference if you are already using a poor quality mattress and pillows! (My wife and I use - https://intellibed.com
- watch for our future review of this bed)
5. Upon awakening - Do something COLD. 1 minute in the cold shower for example.
1. Drink 1/2 your bodyweight in ounces. (example: 180 lb person would drink 90 ounces of water)
2. Remember that caffeinated beverages act as a diuretic. Don't count caffeinated beverages toward the total ounces of water needed. Instead, drink extra water to make up for the diuretic effect.
1. If you have a desk job, be intentional about standing multiple times. Every 20 minutes to stand and move a little is a good target.
2. Take multiple short walks throughout the day. Even a 10-minute walk can increase your energy better than a sugary short lived energy drink.
3. Resistance train. People who participate in resistance training at least 3 times per week report much higher energy through the day, and get more restful sleep.
1. Try intermittent fasting with a twist. I have recommended this to numerous clients with amazing results!
What to do: Consume the Bullet Proof Coffee Recipe when you wake up. Then wait until noon to have your first meal. Eat every 2 to 3 hours until 8 PM. You will have fasted* for a period of 16 hours. (*aside from the BPC recipe which will still keep you in ketosis and give you amazing clarity with the high-quality fats for the brain)
2. Cut out white flour, white sugar, and processed foods which can wreak havoc on energy.
3. Eat a lot of greens such as kale, and spinach. A simple way of meeting this requirement is with a green juice shake. (Contact me if you want the recipe I use.)
4. Take an All Natural Food-Based Multivitamin. Also take adaptagens. Adaptagens are something that helps your body adapt to stress. (I use Ionix Supreme from Isagenix which is a blend of adaptagens)
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.